TESS OF THE D’URBERVILLES (+MP3)
- Επιπρόσθετες Πληροφορίες
Global ELT brings one of Thomas Hardy’s finest novels to its line of Global Compass Graded Readers. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the life of Tess d’Urberville. In this brilliant tale of love, betrayal and murder, students will read about a poor, young, country girl who struggles to find her place in society. Students and teachers alike will be gripped by the torment of guilt Tess experiences because of her past and the struggle that tortures her when she falls in love.
Global Compass Graded Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. They are carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
Each reader includes:
• discussion questions before (preview) and after (review) each chapter
• a glossary of key vocabulary words
• a short Playlet for classroom performance
• an MP3 CD with the recordings in British English
• a Workbook with Reading Comprehension questions, Vocabulary exercises and a Reading Journal
• Extra: online teachers’ tips